Monday, January 19, 2009

Bargain Hunting-Is It Truly A Bargain




I know everyone likes a bargain, right? But you might be asking yourself why end with a question like "Is It Truly A Bargain". In my case, experience.

As you know Circuit City is going to be closing it's doors. Granted, it's not a good thing because people will be out of work and it eliminates another store in which you can compare prices to get the best deal. Hopefully, a new store will step up. Anyway, with the bargains of 50% and 70% that they may display on their signs you will have to ask yourself-"Is this for real?" Why? Because it may not be.

Let me give you an example of my own experience. A department store was going out of business and we-my husband and I thought that maybe we could get a dining table reasonably. So we went out to the store and looked at the different, remaining dining tables. One caught our eye-and it was 40% off, so they said. Now, you would think that it would be a time to grab-but we waited and came back in several days. Now the 40% off was still there, but the price on the table itself had gone up. Something smelled-don't you agree.

This all translates into a simple lesson-do your homework. Research your product, and don't be taken in too quickly by that little old 40% or 70% off sign. My article "Going Out Of Business-Bargain Hunting" gives you some tips before venturing into "Do I Have A Bargain For You" Closeout sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tattoo
Tattoo